18 students of II B.Sc. (Ag.) undertook the study tour Course No. AGR 204 Study tour (0+1) from 19.04.2018 to 25.04.2016. Dr.P.Puvila, the course teacher accompanied the students on the tour. The report is submitted below.
|1||19.04.2018 Thursday||Centre of Excellence in Millets-(Athiyanthangal) Thiruvannamalai||1. Dr. C.Sivagamy, Asst. Professor (Agronomy) explained about their station mandate and also the achievements of that station and cultivation aspects of major and minor millets, nutrients of millets and discussed about the main problem of millets production.
2. Mr.Kumaran, M.Sc. (Agronomy), Research Scholar showed different type machineries and explained working principles of mechanaries.
|KVK, Tindivanam||1. Dr.C.Sangeetha, Asst. Professor (Extension) explained about the various activities of KVK, experiments conducted at field level, OFT, MLT and OFR and training conducted KVK Tindivanam.|
|Oil Seeds Research Station, Tindivanam||1. Dr.P.C.Prabhu, Farm Manager (Asst. Professor of Agronomy) explained various activities ORS, cultivation of oilseeds and especially groundnut and Caster latest released varieties and different types of experiments conducted at ORS, Tindivanam.|
|2||20.04.2018 Friday||1. Dr.M.Jayachandran, Professor and Head explained about the abiotic stress cultivation of sugarcane under major stress and physiological activities of sugarcane.
2. Dr. S.Ganapathy, Asst. Professor (Plant Breeding and Genetics) Sugarcane Research Station, Cuddalore explained about research activities of the station and varieties released from SRS Cuddalore, and breeding procedure of sugarcane crop.
1. Dr.S.Duraisamy, Professor (Entomology) explained about the stress tolerance management and protection of sugarcane from insect pests.
1. Dr. R.Anitha, Asst. Professor (Crop Physiology) explained about the stress and nutrient management in sugarcane cultivation.
|KVK, Virudhachalam||1. Dr. K. Venkatalakshmi, Asst. Professor (Agronomy) at KVK, Virudhachalam explained about the various activities of KVK, experiments conducted at field level and organic vegetable production and terrace farming.|
|Regional Research Station, Virudhachalam||Dr.R.Sheeba Jasmine, Asst. Professor (Entomology) at RRS, Virudhachalam explained about the general features and mandates, latest released varieties of Cashew, Groundnut and Sesame. Cashew multiplication through the soft wood grafting different types of planting methods and also discussed about major pest and disease of Cashew and Groundnut crops and their control measures|
|3||21.04.2018 Saturday||TamilNadu Rice Research Institute (TRRI), Aaduthurai||1. Dr.R.Thilagavathi, Asst. Professor (Plant Pathology at TRRI, Aduthurai explained about major diseases of rice crop with control measures in Cauvery delta zone.
2. Dr.M.Jayabharathi, Asst. Professor (Microbiology) explained about the biofertilizer, types and field application and mass multiplication.
3. Dr.C.Umamaheswari Asst. Professor (Agron.) explained about the general features and mandates of TRRI, Achievements technology of the institute and recently released varieties of rice, blackgram, greengram and government funded schemes like NICRA project and other schemes.
|National Pulses Research Station, Vamban||1. Dr.M.Gnanachitra, Asst. Professor (Microbiology) explained about the general features and mandates of the research station and recently released varieties of Redgram, blackgram, greengram and cowpea crops. Soil application and seed treatment of biofertilzer were also explained.
2. Dr.P.Akiladevi, Asst. Professor (Plant Pathology) discussed about the major diseases of pulses crops of Redgram, blackgram, greengram and cowpea.
|4||22.04.2018 Sunday||Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College & Research Institute (ADAC&RI), Trichy||1. Dr.C.SenthilKumar, Asst. Professor (Namatology) had explained about the institute, all released varieties, soil salinity management and ongoing trials this institutes.|
|Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute (AEC&RI), Kumulur, Trichy district||1. Dr.P.Saravanakumar Asst. Professor (Farm Machinery) explained about the institute, working principles of all type of machineries from tillage to harvesting and processing of seed, soil water conservation and control measures and showed all machineries.|
|5||23.04.2018 Monday||Agricultural College and Research Institute (AC&RI), Madurai||1. Mr.S.Prakash, Ph.D. Scholar (Agronomy), Farm Management had explained about the institute, cultivation aspects of aerobic rice crop and its management, different land configuration, cropping system, control of weeds through Nano technology and ongoing trials at this institute.
2. Mr.Ganeshan, showed animal husbandry units like cattle, sheep and goat and poultry units, milking unit and also explained animal diet and cleanness.
3. Dr.C.Kokiladevi, Professor (Biotechnology), Agriculture Innovation Centre, at AC&RI, Madurai showed all the different instruments used in different department like Breeding, Soil Science Biotechnology etc,
|Agricultural Research Station, Kovilpatti||1. Dr.V. Sanju Kumar, Asst. Professor (Soil Science and Agricultural chemistry) explained about the station, AICRP in Cotton, cultivation aspects of cotton, sorghum, chillies and pulses, and recently released varieties, dry farming problem and their management.|
|6||24.04.2018 Tuesday||Agricultural Research Station, Thirupathisaram||1. Mrs. A. Selvi, Asst. Agriculture officer explained about the station, recently released rice varieties, rice cropping system and fluffy soil and their management.|
|Floricultural Research Station, Thovalai||1. Dr.A.Jaya Jasmine, Professor and Head explained about the station, cultivation of flowers like all traditional flowers, orchids, medicinal plants and their marketing, transporting and their management and landscaping|
|7||25.04.2018 Wednesday||National Research Centre of Banana (NRCB), Trichy||1. Dr. Ravisamy, publication officer informed about the general features and mandates of the research institute and discussed about the major diseases of banana and value added products of banana
2. Dr.P.Gribabu, Principle Scientist (Nematology) explained about the infection of nematodes, symptoms and their management and major pest and diseases of banana and showed nematode slides.
3. Dr.Ramanujam, Scientist (Plant breeding and genetics) explained about procedure for raising banana through tissue culture especially G9 clone banana and their management problems and showed different stages of tissue culture clones in banana .
4. Dr.K.N.Siva, Scientist (Agricultural Eng.) explained post harvest technology of banana, improved post harvest handling, value added byproducts and management.